Newville Borough Council’s Quality of Life Committee and the Newville Area Events Committee held a Christmas Wreath Sale last month that helped to benefit two Newville area nonprofit organizations. The Quality of Life Committee, chaired by Councilwoman Joey Diehl, sold wreaths to the public thanks to support from Vicki Alwood of Conifer Hills Tree Farm. After expenses, $500 was raised. On Dec. 29, Diehl presented a $250 check to Shani Holleran Shenk of the Big Spring Area Food Bank. Diehl and President Scott Penner are also pictured presenting a check for $250 to Clarence ‘Mike’ Fry II of Neighbors in Christ. Diehl was pleased to report that due to the overwhelming success of the event, and the many favorable comments received, the Christmas Wreath Sale will return in 2021.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Remembering a compassionate soul: A tribute to Jack Ellis Showley, DDS
- Fire damages Plainfield garage
- Middle School FFA brings the Farm Show to Newville
- BSMS students welcome first service dog
- Cumberland County Commissioners celebrate life of Chief Clerk Sandy Moyle
- Bulldog wrestling comes up short in home opener
- Busy schedule catches up to Bulldogs in loss to Shippensburg
- PAW Packs Program focuses on families as pandemic continues
- Rep. Gleim is sworn into second term
- Swimming earns split against Shippensburg