A 53-foot truck trailer rolled onto its side at 10:14 a.m. Saturday in the 3500 block of Ritner Highway, Penn Township, Newville. Pennsylvania State Police-Carlisle were on the scene investigating the accident. Troopers said, ‘The operator of the truck apparently didn’t have the trailer properly hooked to the tractor. The load shifted, and caused the tractor to come loose and fell to the right side of the road, and went about 50 feet, tearing the macadam roadway. The trailer was hauling a load of glass bottles packed in cardboard cases. The operator was uninjured.’ Emergency personnel from the Penn Township Fire Co., Friendship Hose Co. of Newville, Fire & EMS responded to the scene, however, their services weren’t needed. Fire Police remained on the scene to assist with traffic control as heavy-duty wreckers from John’s Mobile Service removed the trailer from the road.
- Fire destroys FedEx truck in Chambersburg
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Roxbury Road crash
- Tractor-trailer rolls onto its side in Penn Twp.
- Marshall Neefe of Newville, and Brad Smith of Shippensburg indicted in Jan. 6 Capitol breach
- Bigler’s Hoagies: A favorite Shippensburg pastime
- 159th Antietam Civil War Battle Reenactment to be held in Gettysburg this weekend
- Harrisburg man charged with unlawfully exchanging $1.8M in federal nutrition assistance benefits for cash
- York County man charged with possession of child pornography
- Carlisle man killed in motorcycle crash
- Local angler set to compete in national tournament