A John Deere tractor was destroyed by flames at 11:10 a.m. last Wednesday, in the 100 block of Rehoboth Road in Walnut Bottom, South Newton Township. Cumberland County 9-1-1 dispatchers advised units responding that the tractor should be fully engulfed in flames. When the first unit from the South Newton Township Fire Co. arrived on the scene, they confirmed the dispatch and immediately pulled hose lines to extinguish the flames. South Newton Township Fire officials said, ‘The tractor was a total loss and the cause was unknown. The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes with no injuries to the operator or firefighters.’ South Newton Township Fire Co. was assisted on the scene by Shippensburg Area EMS personnel.
- Stolen vehicle found in burning barn, woman arrested after pursuit
- A Hallmark movie brought to life: Shippensburg hosts Holiday Parade, tree-lighting ceremony
- Lancaster County mother-son duo visits covered bridges across the globe
- Saving Abel: SASHS senior performs Heimlich on 2nd grader
- Officials mark grand opening of Franklin County Judicial Center
- COMMENTARY: National Parks Service ruining local traditions
- Welcome the sounds of the season at Newburg’s Living Christmas Tree
- Welcome to the Franklin County 4-H Team, Spring!
- Ship U. field hockey completes perfect season, wins NCAA title with 3-0 win over West Chester
- Man charged with vehicular homicide in August I-81 crash