Traffic through downtown Shippensburg was delayed Sunday, Aug. 22, as a CSX rail car was hauled near its new home at the Cumberland Valley Rail-Trail along Fort Street. The car will be transformed into a Conrail museum to further preserve the area’s rich railroad history. The rail car was hauled by the skilled staff of Dave’s Truck & Repair, with assistance from local fire police. It will be moved to its permanent location once the weather is dry enough. The 86-foot-long Conrail boxcar was graciously donated to The Conrail Historical Society by CSX Transportation.
- Fire destroys FedEx truck in Chambersburg
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Roxbury Road crash
- Tractor-trailer rolls onto its side in Penn Twp.
- Marshall Neefe of Newville, and Brad Smith of Shippensburg indicted in Jan. 6 Capitol breach
- Bigler’s Hoagies: A favorite Shippensburg pastime
- 159th Antietam Civil War Battle Reenactment to be held in Gettysburg this weekend
- Harrisburg man charged with unlawfully exchanging $1.8M in federal nutrition assistance benefits for cash
- York County man charged with possession of child pornography
- Carlisle man killed in motorcycle crash
- Local angler set to compete in national tournament