Members of the Big Spring Middle School Student Council and their advisers, Emma Leuschen and Shane Miller, recently held a food drive at the school to benefit those served at the Big Spring Area Food Bank. They collected more than 650 cans of food, and helped to prepare the food bank for the November distribution. Pictured is student council member Gwen Ryan. ‘We have made it a goal to reach out to volunteer in the community this year, and we felt volunteering at Big Spring Area Food Bank was the perfect mix of local love and local impact,’ Leuschen told The Valley Times-Star.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Former Bulldog Evan Jarusewski takes reigns of Big Spring swimming program
- Newville brick & mortars, customers express true meaning of Small Business Saturday
- Hefflefinger leads young and hungry Big Spring wrestling team
- Offense is key for defensive-minded Lady Bulldogs
- Oak Flat showcases its inner genius
- Flames destroy garage along Coldspring Road
- Bulldog basketball returns to the court with JT Kuhn Memorial Tip-Off
- BSMS Student Council holds food drive for residents
- Carlisle train display again benefits Challenger Baseball Program
- Giant Food Stores delivers 50K pounds of food to Central PA Food Bank