Two people were seriously injured in a pickup truck crash that occurred at 10:40 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Oakville and Springfield roads in North Newton Township. One driver was flown to Holy Spirit Geisinger Hospital via Life Lion Helicopter, and one was taken to Holy Spirit via ambulance. Another person refused treatment at the scene. Pennsylvania State Police-Carlisle investigated the crash. No further details were released by press time Tuesday. Emergency personnel from the South Newton Twp. Fire Co., Friendship Hose Co. of Newville, Friendship Hose Co. EMS, Shippensburg Area ALS, Life Lion and North Newton Township assisted on the scene.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Newville Scout builds handicapped ramp
- Big Spring FFA is hopeful of continued successes
- Officer Tyler Smith resigns; NPD down to 3 officers
- Big Spring cross country celebrates three generations of “Dog”
- Walnut Bottom prepares to celebrate bicentennial
- Finding a cure: Spaghetti dinner to benefit Sisters in Stride
- Rams' running game proves too much for Bulldogs
- Newville Lion Dan Brant earns Diamond Centennial Award
- Rachel’s Challenge to foster a violence-, bully-free school environment
- Big Spring grad Jenn Salisbury to be enshrined into UMass Athletics Hall of Fame