Shippensburg high school girls basketball players Chelcie Forrester and Tori Rumbaugh were awarded with the John Sheaffer Memorial VFW MVP Awards following the Lady Greyhounds' 58-32 win over the West Perry Mustangs Wednesday at SASHS. For the 33rd year the Shippensburg VFW Post #6168 presented a trophy to the outstanding Greyhound Offensive and Defensive players. Forrester was awarded the Offensive MVP trophy after piling up 17 points, Rumbaugh – who finished with 18 points – was named the Defensive MVP. The awards were based solely upon Wednesday's game. The awards were named in honor of the late John Sheaffer. Sheaffer, who handed out MVP awards to Greyhound athletes for 30 years, passed away in November at the age of 92. Pictured, left to right, VFW Representative Tim Hess, Tori Rumbaugh, Chelcie Forrester and VFW Representative Charlie Heckman.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Driver seriously injured in crash
- Newville couple charged with endangering children
- A Blast From the Past: The former shops of Shippensburg
- GSK in Carlisle to close by 2021, operations being moved to Puerto Rico
- Rutter’s data breach affects 70-plus stores
- Borough explains rezoning process for Franklin Clothing Co. property
- School board learns about GBLUES student projects
- Police investigate shots fired
- Hess pins his way to D3 Section III wrestling title, Frontino takes runner-up
- Mastriano hears concerns from Shippensburg area residents