The Peerless Furniture Co. was incorporated in February 1910, and the pictured factory erected in the months that followed. Operation started May 1, 1910, with A.C. Book as the first manager, the product being house furniture. But the plant did not produce overstuffed or upholstered furniture. Nearest it came to it was a leather-topped table. This photo was taken in 1911. The plant location is between Lurgan Avenue and the Reading Railroad tracks, about a block north of West King Street.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Jaymee Lee opens Quick Stop to provide convenience to the community
- The outcry for change continues in Shippensburg
- ‘An Evening Under the Stars’: SASHS Class of 2020 to get a senior prom
- Generous donations will help brighten the sky above Ship on July 4th
- Project Big Love to return for 8th year with COVID guidelines in place
- Reifsnyder earns full tuition with Waynesburg Founder’s Scholarship
- The future is now: BSHS seniors receive their diplomas
- Generous Shippensburg: Feeding families by the truckload
- Williams Grove’s 32nd Annual Mitch Smith Memorial is Friday
- Firefighters extinguish Greene Township garage fire