Small businesses are integral to a healthy and thriving economy and help to sustain the vitality of a community.
Here are some suggestions on how you can support small businesses:
1. Take time to look and shop at small businesses. You may discover some hidden treasures of places you never knew existed within your community.
2. Actively participate and support “Small Business Saturday,” which occurs after Thanksgiving every year.
3. Choose to support those businesses throughout the year, but especially during the holiday shopping season.
4. Word of mouth. Encourage friends and family to support locally owned and operated retailers.
5. Leave positive and supportive reviews of small businesses online.
6. Acknowledge and show appreciation for those businesses who are committed to partnering and supporting local community/nonprofit organizations and events.
Remember, owners of small businesses are working hard for their families as well as their community, so everyone should make an effort to “Show Love, Shop Local.”
The “Chamber Chatter” column will appear monthly in The News-Chronicle to keep the community informed of Shippensburg Area Chamber of Commerce developments. Prepared by chamber staff, the column is intended to heighten awareness of and interest in chamber events and initiatives to strengthen the community fabric.