Local fire companies responded to a cut hayfield fire last Thursday evening at around 7:15 p.m. in the 10000 block of Newburg Road, Lurgan Township. Fire Chief Tom Rine of Pleasant Hall Fire Co. said, ‘Conditions are dry right now and the temperatures are warm causing a high hazard fire warning. About two to three acres burnt here today. The cause was related to a nearby burn barrel.’ Pictured is Barry Mohler of Pleasant Hall Fire Co. using a hoseline to extinguish the blaze, and some flames and smoke at the scene. Members of Newburg-Hopewell Fire Co., West End Fire & Rescue Co., Letterkenny Army Depot Fire Department and the Vigilant Hose Co. assisted on the scene.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Gas line struck in downtown Shippensburg
- Newville man arrested at MDJ’s office
- Abby Bellows remembered for her ‘free spirit, beautiful soul’
- Car enthusiasts kick back to help feed area students
- Remember When?: The J.S. Elliott Coffee Co. in Newville
- Board votes to start younger students on hybrid schedule, older students on all-virtual learning in fall
- Raider football’s top two wide receivers enter NCAA transfer portal
- Shippensburg University commencement offers perspective for Class of 2020 graduates
- Greene Township Park hosts 5th Annual Franklin Co. Home Run Derby to Fight Drug Addiction
- Wolf announces $10M available to support Pennsylvania’s food system