An unknown age male driver suffered moderate injuries when his vehicle left the road and hit a telephone pole head-on at 2:40 p.m. Thursday, at the intersection of Rowe and Clearfield roads in Southampton (Franklin) Township. The driver was taken to Chambersburg Hospital for treatment. Pennsylvania State Police of Chambersburg investigated the crash, and emergency personnel from the West End Fire & Rescue Co. and Shippensburg Area EMS & ALS, along with Southampton Township staff, assisted on the scene.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Newville man accused of sexual assault
- Manure spill closed portion of Newburg, Paxton Run roads for 2 hours
- Champion growers: Shatzer Fruit Market earns numerous ribbons at Farm Show
- DUI charges filed against Newville man
- Supporting Veterans, first responders: Miss Pennsylvania International holds vendor event
- Subway restaurant to open soon in Newville
- Driver faces possession charges
- Coaches, student athletes voice concerns about grass field, stadium
- Shippensburg bus stop issue to be addressed
- Shippensburg Area Little League, Southampton (Cumberland) Township to combine ball programs this season