The Shippensburg University Homecoming Court, with King Ramses Ovalles and Queen Eliza Eames, officially presented Shippensburg Produce & Outreach representatives with a check for $10,932.86 last month from money they raised this fall for the organization. ‘We were just astonished at such a high amount, and it will go toward so much food,’ said Karen DeShong, SPO board president. ‘We are so grateful. We had a great year, and this was definitely a highlight.’ DeShong added she was grateful for the support of students at SU, not just for the donation, but for the many students who volunteer with them throughout the year. The court also collectively served 238 hours of community service at SPO.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Newville man accused of sexual assault
- Manure spill closed portion of Newburg, Paxton Run roads for 2 hours
- Subway restaurant to open soon in Newville
- Champion growers: Shatzer Fruit Market earns numerous ribbons at Farm Show
- Shippensburg bus stop issue to be addressed
- Coaches, student athletes voice concerns about grass field, stadium
- Shippensburg Area Little League, Southampton (Cumberland) Township to combine ball programs this season
- Supporting Veterans, first responders: Miss Pennsylvania International holds vendor event
- Patricia Zimmerman Stumbaugh of Chambersburg
- Korey Paff reflects on his first months as a State Farm Agent