Details for PUBLIC NOTICE Notice is hereby given that at 7:30 p.m.
PUBLIC NOTICE Notice is hereby given that at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, a Public Hearing will be held by Cooke Township at 1700 Centerville Road, Newville, Pennsylvania 17241. The purpose of the Public Hearing will be to review Ordinance 2020-01 which is an Ordinance establishing rules and regulations to be followed by solicitors operating within the Township. Ordinance 2020-01 defines the following terms: Charitable Solicitation Act, Person, Solicit, Solicitation, Solicitor, Soliciting Organization, Municipality and Township Solicitation Permit. It also sets forth the requirements for Registration, Fees and Permits, Exceptions, Revocation of Registration, the need to have Consent to Occupant, and Standards of Conduct for Solicitors. If further sets forth Penalties for Violation of the Ordinance. Following the Public Hearing, the Supervisors of Cooke Township may consider and adopt the Ordinance. If adopted, the effective date of the Ordinance would be March 3. 2020. The entire proposed ordinance may be examined during normal business hours at this newspaper or is available upon request by contacting Janet Frantz, Township Secretary, at 717-486-8114, 1700 Centerville Road, Newville, Pennsylvania 17241 Matthew A. McKnight, Esq., IRWIN & MCKNIGHT, P.C. Cooke Township Solicitor
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Residents, legislators rally in Chambersburg to push for the reopening of Franklin County
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Thank you kindly, Kathy’s Deli
- BSSD staff raises over $10K to feed district families
- Coy Library prepares for reopening
- Former sheriff’s deputy, D.A.R.E. officer accused of sexually assaulting boy
- Senior Night Spotlight: Becca Franklin, track and field
- SU basketball’s John Castello has no regrets following tremendous four-year career
- DoH data shows 23 reported COVID-19 deaths at Shippensburg Health Care Center
- Cumberland County government offices remain closed in yellow phase
- Area municipalities gearing up for Tuesday’s primary election