Details for PUBLIC NOTICE OF PERMIT TRANSFER
PUBLIC NOTICE OF PERMIT TRANSFER Pursuant to the "Noncoal Surface Mining Conservation and Reclamation Act" and the "Clean Streams Law" notice is hereby given that Maurer & Scott Sales, Inc., 122 E. Thomas Street, Coopersburg, PA 18036 has made application to the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to transfer existing Surface Noncoal Mining Permit No. 21950301 and associated NPDES Permit No. PA0279536 from New Enterprise Stone and Lime Co., Inc., P.O. Box 77, New Enterprise, PA 16664. The mine site is located including in Southampton Township, Cumberland County and is known as the Mt. Cydonia Sand Plant III. The permit area is 106 acres and is situated on Sandbank Road between Strohm Road and Gutshall Road. The Walnut Bottom, PA, U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute topographic map contains the area described. A copy of the application is available for public inspection at the Southampton Township Office, 200 Airport Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257. Written comments, objections or a request for an informal conference or public hearing may be submitted to the DEP, Cambria District Mining Office, 286 Industrial Park Road, Ebensburg, PA 15931 by (30 days following the date of the last publication of this notice) and must include the person's name, address, telephone number, and a brief statement as to the nature of the objection(s).
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Shippensburg school board suspends spending on SASHS stadium project
- Shippensburg police looking for info on hit-and-run
- Two injured in Thanksgiving Day crash
- Former Bulldog Evan Jarusewski takes reigns of Big Spring swimming program
- Newville brick & mortars, customers express true meaning of Small Business Saturday
- Farm-City Exchange pairs funeral director with dairy farmer
- Hefflefinger leads young and hungry Big Spring wrestling team
- Wellmon Medical Associates celebrates new office with ribbon cutting
- Borough council to continue discussions on protections for LGBTQ community
- Lewis Black wants to know what ticks you off, Shippensburg