Details for INVITATION FOR BIDS
INVITATION FOR BIDS The Borough of Shippensburg is receiving sealed bids for its "Collection System Lining & Rehabilitation Project" ( Contract No. SHBG-2020-01-CSLRP) until 11:00 AM on Monday August 17, 2020, at the Shippensburg Borough Wastewater Treatment Facility office located at 963 Avon Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257 at which time and place all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. The project generally consists of cured-in-place pipe rehabilitation of 8" sewer mainlines and 15" sewer interceptors. Contract documents and specifications are on file at the Shippensburg Borough Wastewater Treatment Facility (963 Avon Drive, Shippensburg, PA) and the Shippensburg Borough Administrative Office (111 North Fayette Street, Shippensburg, PA). Contract documents may be viewed at these locations between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Copies of the contract documents may be obtained by mail or in person by contacting the Shippensburg Borough Wastewater Treatment Plant Foreman at (717) 532-5414 OR by contacting the Shippensburg Borough Administrative Office at (717) 532-2147. Official bid documents must be obtained from either of these sources. Sealed bids using anything other than official documents will be rejected. Supply and delivery of these contract documents is intended solely for prospective contractors registered and capable of performing work within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; whose intention is to review the project and potentially place a competitive bid for the described work. Each bid must be accompanied by a bid bond issued by a Surety authorized to do business in the Commonwealth, or a certified good faith check drawn upon a bank authorized to do business in the Commonwealth in the amount of not less than five (5%) percent of the amount of the base bid. In the event that any bidder shall, upon award of the contract to it, fail to honor its bid and sign and return the contract and the other required documents, the good faith deposit provided for herein or the bond shall be forfeited to the Owner as liquidated damages. The successful bidder shall be required to furnish an acceptable Performance Bond and Payment Bond in the amount of 100% of the contract amount. In addition, the successful bidder shall be required to carry General Liability Insurance and Workers' Compensation Insurance for its employees, and in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Contract Documents, and be able to provide proof of theses insurances. No pre-bid conference is required for this project. Shippensburg Borough reserves the right, without liability, to accept and/or reject any and all bids, to waive omissions, errors or informalities and to award this contract as it deems is in the best interest of the Borough of Shippensburg. No bid shall be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days subsequent to the opening of bids. BY AUTHORITY OF THE BOROUGH OF SHIPPENSBURG Wade Farner, Shippensburg Borough Wastewater Treatment Facility Foreman
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Cumberland Valley Hose Co.’s Fair Food Weekend Sale is a great success
- Raider football’s top two wide receivers enter NCAA transfer portal
- School board tables vote on district reopening plan due to technical difficulties
- Council votes to advertise non-discrimination ordinance to protect members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Ship Market: Where local and fresh go hand in hand
- Seamless transition: Mother says WellSpan Chambersburg birthing experience was like ‘having a sister in the room’
- Pennsylvania reaches out to landowners about the benefits of streamside buffers
- Shippensburg University Athletic Director Jeff Michaels outlines plan for 2020-21.
- Big Spring Bulldogs 9U travel team wins Mifflin County Summer Bash
- David Gravel wins $20K in Champion Racing Oil Summer Nationals at Williams Grove