Details for NOTICE NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF SHIPPENSBURG TOWNSHIP, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA INTENDS TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING AND CONSIDER FOR APPROVAL AND ADOPTION AN ORDINANCE WHICH WILL BE KNOWN AS ORDINANCE 2020-02 AT ITS MEETING TO BE HELD ON SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2020, AT 8:00 AM AT THE SHIPPENSBURG TOWNSHIP BUILDING.
NOTICE NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF SHIPPENSBURG TOWNSHIP, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA INTENDS TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING AND CONSIDER FOR APPROVAL AND ADOPTION AN ORDINANCE WHICH WILL BE KNOWN AS ORDINANCE 2020-02 AT ITS MEETING TO BE HELD ON SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2020, AT 8:00 AM AT THE SHIPPENSBURG TOWNSHIP BUILDING. The entire proposed ordinance may be examined during normal business hours at this newspaper or the Shippensburg Township building located at 81 Walnut Bottom Road, Shippensburg, PA and a summary follows: AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE SHIPPENSBURG TOWNSHIP ZONING ORDINANCE OF 2008 TO MAKE MINOR SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES. It is hereby enacted and ordained by the Board of Supervisors of Shippensburg Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania that the Shippensburg Township Zoning Ordinance, Ordinance No.2008-04, as amended, is further amended as follows: Article III Supplementary Regulations The following sections of this Article are hereby amended to read as follows: Section 357 Casino and Gambling Facilities is amended to change the required distance between a Casino and the R-1, R-2 and MU Zones, and those uses specifically listed in Section 357.A.3 to five hundred feet (500'). It further changes the measurement criteria to a straight line, without regard to intervening structures, from the closest point on the exterior wall of the Casino to the closest point on the exterior wall of the principal building of the subject property. All other provisions of the Shippensburg Township Zoning Ordinance of 2008, Ordinance No. 2008-04, as amended, shall remain in full force and effect and unaffected by this Ordinance. This Ordinance shall become effective thirty (30) days after enactment. Board of Supervisors Shippensburg Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania By James M. Robinson, Esquire, Salzmann Hughes, P.C., Township Solicitor
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
- Fisher’s Florist spreads a little sunshine…with flowers
- Abby Bellows remembered for her ‘free spirit, beautiful soul’
- Carlisle man reportedly admits to killing 2 women and 1 unborn child
- A brave fight: Miles Moore of Shippensburg battles aplastic anemia
- Newville woman allegedly admitted she knew her daughter sold drugs
- Gas line struck in downtown Shippensburg
- Wolf announces $10M available to support Pennsylvania’s food system
- Blast From the Past: Memorial Park, Part 2
- Newville man arrested at MDJ’s office
- Newville cancels annual Halloween Parade and postponed Fountain Festival